Tuesday, April 13, 2010

is grace enough?

grace: favor,goodwill, generosity, kindness, indulgence; formal benefaction.
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Corinthians 12:9
These are the words of God back to the apostle Paul after Paul pleads with God to deliver him from a difficult situation/temptation/"thorn".
I can only imagine trying to have this conversation with God if I was Paul.
Me: Um...God, that's great, but what about all the churches I've started for You? Can't you help me out a bit here?
God: My grace is sufficient for you.
Me: Yeah...I caught that. But how about the missionary journeys...they've gotta count for something. Little help here?
God: My grace is sufficient for you.
Me: Shipwrecks, floggings, beatings, snakebites...all for you God. C'mon...Please?
God: My grace is sufficient for you!
Me: I love your grace God. Really, I do...I'm unworthy...I get that...but I could do so much more for You if I wasn't distracted by this junk that keeps bugging me!
God: My grace is sufficient for you!
How many times have I had similar conversations...asking God for deliverance from something that He might purposefully have me in the middle of to be a display of His grace and love? Maybe instead, I should concentrate on letting His light shine no matter what and be content with His amazing grace.
Is it truly enough?
How about in your life? Is His grace truly sufficient for you? God will never love you any more or less than He does right now. He has given you everything you need to accomplish His will through your life RIGHT NOW! What an amazing honor! Will you delight in His grace and draw strength from Him? Is God's grace truly enough if that's all you truly have and end up with?
Be content. Give thanks in all things. Believe and live like His grace is sufficient for you.
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."2 Corinthians 13:14
Stay strong.
Tim

No comments:

Post a Comment